In stores, brands usually implement both seductive and visual merchandising, applying them to various areas such as the fitting room, the cashier and the shop window.
Juice wrld Merch focused on merchandising strategies, to applying them is one of the best ways to win over your customers, not only to increase the profitability of your business and promote a better level of sales, but also to narrow your bond with them.Today we want to talk to you about some essential merchandising tactics that you can put into practice from now on.
Merchandising Strategies to Apply in your Business
- Welcome table: At the beginning of the store, in the entrance area, it is appropriate to have a welcome table with attractive and innovative products, discounts or featured products based on a thematic axis of interest: Carnivals, Halloween, Christmas, etc.
- The cash register and fitting rooms are also fantastic as they are the most direct points of contact with the customer. It is important to set goals for when the customer goes to the checkout, from the closing of a sale to the dismissal of the customer, loyalty or receiving feedback in person, through a survey or even posteriori, with the help of the social networks.
- For a good merchandising attitude is essential: friendly treatment, a smile, having the box as clean and clear as possible and the corporate identity elements close to the customer is essential.
- It is important to have a display with impulse purchase products near the cash register to increase the sales rate and ensure that each customer takes something from this area with them. You can also create a special goodbye phrase to generate positive feelings.
- Have gift products totally geared towards completing the customer’s purchase, so that they can become the best ambassador outside of your store.
- Customer support and advice: At the checkout -and also in the fitting room-, ask the consumer if they have found what they were looking for or if you can help them with another complementary product, something that works especially in fashion, jeweler or technology businesses – Selling you a protector or a case for the mobile device, for example.
- Apply visual merchandising techniques in the changing rooms, which must be intimate and welcoming, spacious and with an important relevance of lighting and the mirror. It is a good option to place a panel of accessories near the changing rooms, focused on the complementary sale.
- It is also very important that the personnel who takes care of the fitting room have a basic training in styling to be able to advise consumers. Help and advice are an essential part of merchandising, as many customers are ignorant of certain technical aspects of the products or do not have a thorough understanding of current trends.
- Background music is extremely important: keep in mind that fast rhythms make people move more quickly and soft ones encourage them to stay in the establishment.
- There are different types of lighting depending on the areas of the trade. To cite some examples, the neon one heats up very little, is not luminous and modifies colors; metal filament lamps produce localized and uniform lighting, halogen lamps give an optimal result although they are characterized by high consumption, sodium lamps provide an exceptional color and mercury lamps have a great light capacity.
- The placement of non-essential products is usually done on the right side of the store or next to a staple product with a similar purpose. The latter are distributed throughout the premises so that you have to go through it all.
- Finally, one of the most effective merchandising strategies refers to the planning of the final costs, since the prices ending in 5, 7 and 9 attract more the buyer, and the good example see Juice Wrld hoodie.